After years of supporting those curious about plant and herbal medicines, we are so excited to introduce two new apprenticeship programs to the community. Our goal is to give hands-on experience in every aspect of herbal medicine and an apothecary life to those who desire it. Apprenticeship provides a unique opportunity to develop and deepen your relationship with the plants and a variety of healing traditions. We invite you to explore the full details of the Community Herbalist & Advanced Herbal & Hands-on Healing Apprenticeship below:
Community Herbalist Apprenticeship
Our Community Herbalist Apprenticeship program offers many ways to learn about plants and their medicines. Over the course of 12 weeks you will learn materia medica for 30 plants, and gain in-depth understanding of how to use herbs for each body system, and how to make a variety of plant medicines. Mentored time exposes apprentices to a variety of herbal and wellness related questions, enhancing your learning and the embodiment of community herbalism; it is essential to your hands-on learning and the heart of the apprenticeship. Mentored time may be in-store, participation in other herbal classes, and field trips. Weekend immersions will include focused exploration of materia medica, body systems and medicine-making
OUR SPRING 2017 APPRENTICESHIP IS NOW COMPLETE. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR FALL 2017 DATES
Advanced Herbal & Hands-on Healing Apprenticeship
Our Advanced Herbal & Hands-on Healing Apprenticeship focuses on expanding your herbal practice, developing the skill-set of an independent herbal practitioner, applying herbal medicine to your business or creating a business from herbal medicine. The apprenticeship focuses on how to build client relationships, the intake and assessment process, formulating herbal protocols, and advanced medicine-making techniques. Over the course of 16 weeks, apprentices experience the seasons of plants, growing herbs, wild-crafting, botany, materia medica for approx 35 herbs, using herbs with the body systems, the energetics of herbalism, traditional healing techniques, plant spirit medicine, and hands-on healing with plants.
The Details: OUR 2017 APPRENTICESHIP IS NOW UNDERWAY
- Immersive Study January - June
- 1 weekly deep dive (this will be a flexible mix of in store time, field trips, conference calls, or other herbal medicine classes)
- 4 weekend Immersions 10am-4pm
- 4 clinical apprentice days & supervised community clinic days
- Monthly case studies
- Roots of Health, Green Pharmacy, or equivalent herbal knowledge required. Community Apprenticeship fulfills all pre-requisite requirements.
- Program is flexible for those needing to balance work, family and studies.
- Apprentice Investment is $2800, $400 non-refundable deposit and your sincere passion for herbal medicine; all required books and supplies included. Payment plans available. SPACE IS LIMITED TO 6 STUDENTS. You are encouraged to reserve your spot early
Wild Soul Medicine Apprenticeship
You are hungry for a deeper connection to source, to creation, to your wholeness. You know there is no such thing as separateness; we are truly all one divine creative thread. You want to know how to weave your life differently, mindfully, intentionally. You crave magic, ceremony, ritual in your everyday day existence. You know there is something more whispering to you and you are ready to hear it. Spirit Medicine Apprenticeship is for those who are ready to take a leap of faith, to say yes to their dreams, who want to live a soul-led life. It is for those who feel called to weave more magic and mystery into their work as healing practitioners. It open to ALL and any who are earnestly and authentically committed.
- We start by cultivating a deeper relationship with your spiritual allies and compassionate helping spirits. That means you need to know who they are, how to connect with them, and what do with the information you receive, sense, see and feel. And we will learn basic shamanic journey work to help us do this!
- Energy is moving within, around and thru us every single moment. It is so important to our health and wellness to know how to work with energy, energy boundaries, and energy healing. Think of this as setting up your energetic inbox, so you can send, receive, and delete messages that you no longer need.
- Creating relationship and cultivating wholeness in the mind, body & spirit with ceremonial bodywork and healing touch.
- Knowing your unique gifts. We all have them, but we are not always clear what they are or how to use them. More, we are often uncomfortable sharing, communicating and embodying the less tangible parts of ourself. Learn ways to feel supported in your uniqueness rather than isolated by it.
- Nature is a reflection of the Divine spark of creation. When you honor this medicine, the medicine of the elements, the plants, animals and mineral spirits you are working with the power of alignment and heart resonance. This is where we can drop our separateness, own our wholeness, and begin to accept our soul truths.
- You don't have to be healed to work with others, but you do have to be doing your work and know that healing is a continual process. This is fundamental to holding safe, non-judgmental and compassionate space. Anticipate that this apprenticeship will call to the parts of yourself that are asking for healing, restoration, freedom, release, nurturing, etc. Learn the fundamentals of doing your work and
- 5 Friday Immersion Days, 10-4pm (Last Friday of the Month June-October)
- 2 Community Ceremonies
- 2 Community Healing Practice Sessions.
- 1 Spirit Medicine Day Retreat
The Investment: $895 includes all required supplies, tea and snacks; $400 non-refundable deposit reserves your spot. $695 early bird if registered before June 1st. Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org