After years of supporting those curious about plant and herbal medicines, we are so excited to introduce two new apprenticeship programs to the community. Our goal is to give hands-on experience in every aspect of herbal medicine and an apothecary life to those who desire it. Apprenticeship provides a unique opportunity to develop and deepen your relationship with the plants and a variety of healing traditions. We invite you to explore the full details of the Community Herbalist & Advanced Herbal & Hands-on Healing Apprenticeship below:
Community Herbalist Apprenticeship
Our Community Herbalist Apprenticeship program offers many ways to learn about plants and their medicines. Over the course of 12 weeks you will learn materia medica for 30 plants, and gain in-depth understanding of how to use herbs for each body system, and how to make a variety of plant medicines. Mentored time exposes apprentices to a variety of herbal and wellness related questions, enhancing your learning and the embodiment of community herbalism; it is essential to your hands-on learning and the heart of the apprenticeship. Mentored time may be in-store, participation in other herbal classes, and field trips. Weekend immersions will include focused exploration of materia medica, body systems and medicine-making
OUR 2017 APPRENTICESHIP IS UNDERWAY. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR 2018 DATES
OR CHECK OUT OUR ADVANCED HERBAL & HANDS-ON HEALING APPRENTICESHIP.
Advanced Herbal & Hands-on Healing Apprenticeship
Our Advanced Herbal & Hands-on Healing Apprenticeship focuses on expanding your herbal practice, developing the skill-set of an independent herbal practitioner, applying herbal medicine to your business or creating a business from herbal medicine. The apprenticeship focuses on how to build client relationships, the intake and assessment process, formulating herbal protocols, and advanced medicine-making techniques. Over the course of 16 weeks, apprentices experience the seasons of plants, growing herbs, wild-crafting, botany, materia medica for approx 35 herbs, using herbs with the body systems, the energetics of herbalism, traditional healing techniques, plant spirit medicine, and hands-on healing with plants.
- 16 weeks April - July
- 1 weekly deep dive (this will be a flexible mix of in store time, field trips, conference calls, or other herbal medicine classes)
- 4 weekend Immersions 10am-4pm
- April 22nd & 23rd Herbal Immersion Weekend
- May 20th & 21st
- June 3rd & 4th
- July 8th & 9th Please note this is the Botany & Wild-crafting Weekend Camping Trip
- 4 clinical apprentice days + 4 supervised community clinic days
- Monthly case studies
- Roots of Health, Green Pharmacy, or equivalent herbal knowledge required. Community Apprenticeship fulfills all pre-requisite requirements.
- Apprentice Investment is $2800, $400 non-refundable deposit and your sincere passion for herbal medicine; all required books and supplies included. Payment plans available.
Spirit Medicine Apprenticeship
Details coming soon....